Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The power of the hormone

How shall I put this?  My family is crazy.  Literally.  I won't go into detail, but it is indeed a fact that many many people on both sides of my family have had breakdowns or been diagnosed with depression or manic depression.  So, the odds are, someday I"m gonna flip like a lightswitch from a perfectly sane person to a nutball.  Thankfully, my husband knows this, accepts it, and promises to take me to the doctor and have me medicated as soon as it happens.  You know your hubby loves you when he even accepts the crazy that's lurking right under the surface.

Every month, my family gets a little free preview of what I'll be like when I finally go off the deep end.  PMS washes over me like a wave of hormones, and I go off.  On everyone.  For no reason.  The funny thing is---funny odd, not funny ha ha---that I can feel myself slipping, sliding off into crazytown.  Yet I'm powerless to fight it.  It starts with a headache, and then I can actually feel my body change.  My mental processes are completely altered. By the time I realize it, it's too late to change.  So, I try my best to steer clear of stress, and make darn sure not to schedule any teacher meetings that week.  It's truly horrific.

This post really has no point.  I can't make PMS funny. The fact that I spend a week of every month making everyone miserable isn't a joke. So, there's no sattire or pithiness to this post.  It's more of a fair warning to friends and family.  That day is approaching.  Be on the look out for me to be completely irrational.  I love you all, and hope you can forgive me.  But, if you see me slapping someone around, please call my husband and tell him that the day has come that the family check has come to be cashed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Keep in mind that I am prone to hystrionics and get my feelings hurt quite easily.